Saturday, April 16, 2011  

You heard me saying a prayer for...

Ok, my throat was sore from shouting at the telly during the fantastic match this evening. City are in a cup final for the first time since 1981. That day I had sneaked into to Hyde United whilst Paul Power scored an amazing injury time free kick to get us to a Wembley final against Spurs. Today Yaya Toure scored through Van Der Sar’s legs to set up a final against Bolton or Stoke.

So, I went downstairs for my cigar with a full moon looking down on me, and as the clouds scudded across its face, it seemed as blue as I’ve ever seen it. Anyway, the smoke and the drink. I opted for a Guantanamera decimos and a Jura superstition. The cigars are machine made and a bit rough around the edges, still a nice 40 minute smoke though. I think the delicate smoke and sweetness in the Jura was overwhelmed, I should have chosen something with a bigger taste, the cigar’s last third killed the drink completely. Maybe the big smoke of the Laphroaig quarter cask would have stood up to it. It wasn’t spoiled though, the night and the memories of today made it an excellent smoke.

Now I have to get ready for the 14th of May, it will be a year and seven days since my dad died, and when they sing abide with me I’m not sure I’ll be able to hold it together. For now, just getting there is good enough. Thank you Blues.

| posted by Simon | 11:35 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia