Thursday, April 14, 2011  

New songs and blue songs #9

The 30 day song challenge.

Day 09 - a song that you can dance to – The Gap band - Oops upside your head.

I can't dance, so I don't dance. I know this is a circular arguement and if I never have a go I'll never learn. I'm of the opinion that it's too late so I've given up. Although, I have an image of being in a nursing home in my 80s, and some snot nosed git getting all the codgers up in an attempt to loosen some aged muscles. I have a plan though, I'll just piss myself and shout "don't hit me Adolf" at the top of my lungs.... bed with drugs, no dancing for me.

Anyone who remembers discos or family weddings around the late 70s and most of the 80s will remember this band and the "dance" everyone did. It actually involved no dancing, but an ability to sit on the floor and waft from side to side. This action is actually very easy for someone who happens to be pissed as a fart, so it's the only one I would ever have a go at. The added bonus being, if you're that pissed you can barley maintain a vertical position, you don't have far to fall if it all goes peculiar.

Watch out, I think I like that groove.

| posted by Simon | 12:30 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia