Wednesday, April 06, 2011  

New songs and blue songs

The 30 day song challenge.

Day 1 – Your favourite song – Stranglers – Golden Brown.

This song reminds me so much of the summer after finishing school and before going to college. It was a massive summer holiday, I had finished my exams by the end of May and didn’t start college till late September. It was the summer of 82 and it was long and hot, or at least that’s how I remember it. I also remember Mike Sweeney playing the song on the old Piccadilly radio, on his afternoon show. Even after all these years that harpsichord takes me right back. I love it and could listen to it over and over.

Never a frown with Golden Brown.

| posted by Simon | 11:36 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia