Wednesday, May 11, 2005  

In a street that has no trees.

Today I had my thirteen week interview at the dole office. I have been unemployed for seven months; you obviously don’t need a math’s qualification to work at the dole office. So they waited seven months to tell me all about the extra help I can get looking for work, like free training courses and help setting up my own business. Why the fuck did they wait this long to tell me, before Christmas would have been really fucking helpful. Oh, and I still haven’t got my tax rebate….bastards.

I was on the verge of a rant about the dreaded caravan and the chances of getting stuck behind one as it meanders through the countryside like a geriatric elephant, there’s even more of the fuckers now the weather is a little more clement. Then a phone call from a friend.

Friend - Have you ever towed a caravan ?
Me - No ?
Friend - I’ve bought one, and I’m not sure how to do it.
Me - ….
Friend - Would you drive it to Keswick for me ?
Me - My car hasn’t got a tow bar.
Friend - Mine has.
Me - Yeah ok, I’ll give it a go.

So tomorrow, if you’re driving along the A66 towards Keswick, you may get stuck behind me towing a shit box. I fully expect all the other motorists to think I’m a tourist. I can’t see it changing my mind about the useless pieces of shit, but I’ll probably understand why they go so fucking slowly. I’m going to wear a disguise just in case I pass someone I know, I might even take a few photos.

| posted by Simon | 6:32 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia