Thursday, March 11, 2004  


Nomenclatural determinism.

Stuart made me think about names, and I remembered that I had a woodwork teacher called Mr Carpenter. Then the same day I saw a geezer on the news, he was being interviewed about all the litter in and around one of the estates in Workington, he worked for the environment agency, he was called Mr Shatwell !

Of course there are those who go against the trend, like the consultant who did my vasectomy, Mr Cumming, and my works doctor is called Mort. Danny Invincible doesn't play for Arsenal and I'm sure Greg Dyke isn't.

Then Stan sent me this, probably the most unfortunate of all, poor bastard !

And no, I don't dance.

| posted by Simon | 4:30 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia