Thursday, October 09, 2003  


Traveling without moving.

I stood outside the canteen with my plastic cup of hot chocolate and listened to the sea. It occurred to me that even though I was standing still, I was moving through space at a breakneck speed. So, I did a bit of e-digging and came up with these numbers:

1. The earth spins on its axis at 1000 mph.
2. The earth orbits the sun at 65,000 mph.
3. The sun orbits our galaxy at 559,000 mph.
4. Our galaxy travels through space at 1.34 million mph.

No wonder I’m tired.

Looking at those figures, even if time travel were possible, it would be impossible to plot backwards and see where this planet was yesterday, never mind any farther back. My dreams of proving that the crucifixion was a hoax to fulfill a prophecy have all but gone.

Time for bed said Zebedee.

| posted by Simon | 5:19 am | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia