Saturday, April 02, 2011  

But I take delight in the juice of the barley

I think as you get older the palate become more refined, more open to individual flavours. I’m no Oz Clarke but I do appreciate a fine combination of flavours, and tonight I put two together.

Glenfarclas 10-year-old single malt

Monte Cristo #5

I know that booze and tobacco are frowned upon these days, but with moderation in all things in mind, I don’t think it’s a huge issue. I don’t drink on a school night and I only smoke a couple of cigars a month. I’m sure my doctor would disapprove, but there has to be some enjoyment in life or what’s the point?

Anyway, the combination. They complimented each other well. The cigar was strong but didn’t kill the sweetness of the scotch. The smoke got a little bitter towards the end, but I think there must be an accumulation around the cut end. The whisky stood up well and was the dominant flavour, which I prefer. A very enjoyable 25 minute smoke.

| posted by Simon | 11:23 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia