Friday, November 11, 2005  

Poppies and presentations.

Today I delivered my first presentation, I didn't dry up or freeze, or any of the other things I thought I might do. It just went really fast, so fast I thought I'd rushed it, but I hadn't. When they were leaving they said thank you. How cool is that ?

A couple of days ago I cut some old links from the roll, one was Smidsy, he started blogging again the day after. Coincidence ? I think not.

I usually buy a poppy, I know a lot of people don't for a lot of reasons, but I do. I like to remember, even though I abhor war I can't simply discard the memory of thousands of lives given up for a cause they believed in. When I was 14 I stood on the beach at Dunkirk and visited the nearby graves at Aramanche (I think) and it made it all very clear. To see all those grave stones standing as if on parade made it real. Each grave stone was a person, they stretched for miles. A group of teenagers who didn't give a fuck for owt, moved to silence by a scene I'll never forget. I don't care if it's hypocritical, I'll buy a poppy and wear it, and hope it never happens again.

| posted by Simon | 11:47 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia