Wednesday, February 04, 2004  


Football post.

I think I just watched one of the greatest comebacks in football history. We were three nil down at half time, and somehow managed to get a man sent off after the half time whistle had blown. When the second half kicked off a different City had turned up, we were first to every ball and played with a pride and passion that has been sadly lacking in recent weeks. Then we got a goal back, then a second. I nearly blew a blood vessel when we equalised, so you can imagine my reaction when the ball nestled in the bottom left hand corner of Spurs net for the fourth and winning goal. Not even Kasey Keller's bald pate could outshine that performance. I'm hoarse, my arms and legs are killing me, but I have a big smile. Only City can put you through the whole gamut of emotions within 90 minutes. It's infuriating why, with the prospect of a fifth round tie at the swamp, City played with such stunning disinterest in the first 45 minutes. Playing only for their pride, and for the pride of the travelling blues. City managed to snatch victory, not only from the jaws of defeat, but from a game that had been devoured, digested and shat out the other end. I will remember this game for a long, long time.

| posted by Simon | 10:27 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia