Saturday, June 07, 2003  


All the time in the world ?

Tomorrow we go to collect the taxdodger from his hovel somewhere in the northwest. His visit is primarily intended to clean us out of food and drink, but I’m sure he'll find time to fit in a little lazing about between his gluttonous endeavours.

He’s twenty in August, which makes me feel older than I feel……I know that doesn’t make much sense; you’ll just have go along with it. It only seems like two minutes since I was teaching him to ride his bike, and even less since I was stood in the bathroom showing him how to shave. When he left for university it was his mum that did all the crying, I was pleased for him for flying the nest and making his own way. I really didn’t think I’d miss him as much as I have. The mad conversations about space and time, the games of football, the ferrying about to his mates and all the other things that dads do.

The passage of time really is a fucking twat !

| posted by Simon | 10:38 pm | 0 comments
information
links
writing
a good book
tres bon
visitors
mogo
my sites
nostalgia